Brandon Primary School
Brandon Primary School aims to provide a safe, caring environment which enables everyone in the school to fulfil their potential.
We are a large primary school in Durham with 350 children from Nursery to Year 6. The school has made many improvements over the last 2 years and our latest Ofsted report in June 2014 stated we were ‘Good’ in all areas.
Our new school building opened in 2012 and is a modern, eco-friendly building with excellent facilities. Children follow a creative curriculum and make good progress in Reading, Writing and Maths.
In addition to the academic side, we strive to develop the whole child; there are a number of after school clubs, educational visits and in-school events while Y5/6 take part in annual residential visits. We also work closely with a number of other local schools for sporting competitions and activity days.
- To provide the highest possible standard of education through a broad and balanced curriculum appropriate to each individual.
- To give the opportunity to develop the skills required to live and work together and to co-operate with each other.
- To promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally, enabling individuals to make informed choices.
- To develop an empathy with people around us; with the world in which we live and an understanding and respect of individuals, groups and nations.
- To encourage a sense of right and wrong and to be self disciplined.
- To accept responsibility for our actions and the effect they have on others.
- To provide a stimulating surrounding which is valued.
- To foster a caring attitude towards others and our environment.
At Brandon Primary School we give a high standard of care, guidance and support to children and their families and through our aims we strive to be good citizens whose achievements are recognised and celebrated.