Year 1 Litter Picking
Y1 have been learning about climate change and thinking up ways that we can improve our local environment. The children split themselves into teams which focused on the following tasks:-
- Discouraging others from picking flowers which are needed by bees and other insects.
- Organising a charity collection and taking donated goods to St Oswald’s (pictures to follow)
- No uniform day to raise money for Scotswood Nature Gardens and to buy a class plant.
- Litter picking in areas close to school.
- Reminding those around us at school and home to save electricity.
We were greatly inspired by Greta Thunberg.