Week 2, Spring Term, 11th January
Hi Year 4
We hope you are all well and working hard at home. Here are the instructions for this week’s home learning. Hope you enjoy these activities.
This is just a suggested timetable for you to follow. Try and complete one numeracy lesson a day and 30-45 minutes of literacy a day. Also choose 1 other subject a day and an extra numeracy or literacy activity.
Continue working through the Spanish and music units each week. Make sure you are also making time for some daily exercise.
Before you start your maths, lets do a warm up of BBC Supermovers, you can find all of them on this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/times-table-collection/z4vv6v4 choose which ever times table you are working on. Before you start your maths sheet remember to watch the maths video and pause it when it tells you to. It is exactly the same as we used in class so you are all familiar with it. I have also included some reasoning and problem solving sheets for you -there are 3 different levels (D is the easiest, E is the expected level for Year 4 and GD is for those who like a challenge and working at Exceeding Year 4).
Day 1 – 11 and 12 Times Table White Rose Video Link
- Day 1 work -11 and 12 times tables.pdf
- Day 1 Extension - 11 and 12 times table - Problem solving.pdf
Day 2 – Multiply 3 numbers White Rose Video Link
Day 3 – Factor Pairs White Rose Video Link
Day 4 – Efficient multiplication White Rose Video Link
- Day 4 - Work -Efficient-multiplication.pdf
- Day 4 - Extension -Problem solving -Efficient multiplication.pdf
Day 5 – Written methods White Rose Video Link
- Written-methods presentation.pdf
- Day 5 Work - Written-methods.pdf
- Day 5 Answers-Written-methods.pdf
- Day 5 Extension - Problem solving - Written Methods.pdf
For Literacy there is a talk4writing pack called ‘Goblinology: The Ultimate Guide to Goblins’ for you to work through. You can print this out or just write your answers on paper. Aim to spend 30-45 minutes a day on Literacy. The tasks in the pack should last you for 2 weeks.
Please look at the BPES website for work on sound. Follow the instructions below to find the activity.
To access this resource, ask your students to:
- - open the bpES website: bp.com/bpes
- - click on 'Enter a student code' (top right on all pages if you are not logged in)
- - enter the code below.
Student code: 63343
Joe Wicks will be restarting his PE sessions every Mon, Wed and Fri. Join in and have fun to keep up your fitness.
You will receive a text with login details to access this website, that we use in school.
- Go to languageangels.com
- Click login in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the home school option
- On the home school site click the login button
- Enter USERNAME and PASSWORD
- Select intermediate challenge, unit 4 (La Familia)
- Work through lesson 1
Log on to charanga.com (primary music curriculum) using your personal login details (these will be sent to you via text message).
- Go to charanga.com
- Click on pupil and teacher login (on the left hand side)
- Enter username and password in student login box
- Click on STOP unit
- Work through step 1 activities
Cyberbullying – read through the information and answer the questions.
We will also be having a weekly competition for using Times Table Rockstars and Spelling Shed with raffle tickets every time you log on and play. We will choose a Star of the Week and there will be a Mathematician, Speller, Reader, Writer and Scientist of the week too. You will receive a certificate and a small prize on your return to school. So keep working hard and sharing all of the great things you are doing with us on Dojo. If you are finding something tricky we will be able to send you little videos on there too.
There are paper copies of the resources in school if you would like to collect one.
Mrs Morren and Mrs Opie