Week 1, Summer Term, 19th April
Summer Week 1: Beginning Monday 19th April
This week we are beginning some work on Multiplication
Monday: Counting in 2s
Build your confidence counting in 2s beyond 20 now. Watch the video and complete the worksheet
Tuesday: Counting in 5s
Build your confidence counting in 5s beyond 20 now. Watch the video and complete the worksheet
Wednesday: Counting in 10s
Build your confidence counting in 10s beyond 20 now. Watch the video and complete the worksheet
Thursday: Make equal groups
This is the start of our work on understanding multiplication. Practise putting a group of objects (counters/cubes/coins/sweets) into equal groups of 2 or 3 to start with, then try bigger numbers. Watch the video and complete the worksheet.
Friday: Add together equal groups.
Watch the video and complete the worksheet looking at adding repeated groups of equal amounts.
- Hit the button- practise with number bonds
- Subtraction practise
- Addition and subtraction practise
- Counting in 2/5s
Read Little Red Riding Hood – read the story attached.
- After the story read the comprehension questions and answer.
- Have a think about the story and who the good and bad characters are. How do you know? What kind of things do they say or do to make them good or bad?
Using the sheet decide what kind of things make a good or bad character from the story – e.g. – picks flowers, growls, follows people.
- 3. Describe the wolf and make a Wanted poster – remember to use adjectives so people know what he looks like.
- 4. Think of other stories you have read – can you name the good and bad characters. What do they say or do? Make a list of good and bad characters that you can think of.
- 5. Re-read the story and create s tory map with a beginning, middle and ending.