We are a large primary school with 449 pupils from Nursery to Year 6, located in the West of Newcastle and serving a wide and mixed catchment area.
At our school we believe that everyone is special, unique and equal and we can reach the stars through learning.
We provide a positive, safe and happy learning environment, which enables our children to reach their full potential in all areas of the curriculum. Our children and staff value each other and we believe all members of the school community have the right to:
• be safe
• be treated with respect.
We aim to:
• create a positive and happy learning atmosphere throughout the school;
• provide a learning environment that stimulates and celebrates achievement;
• give our children the skills they need to become effective learners;
• promote high standards, particularly in literacy, numeracy and ICT;
• enable our children to become confident, resourceful and independent learners with a thirst for life-long learning;
• develop our children’s self-respect and encourage them to respect the ideas, attitudes and feelings of others;
• show respect for all our cultures and, in so doing, to promote positive attitudes towards other people;
• provide an inclusive education for all our children.